What is Leaderpalooza?
On February 19 and 20, 2010 I attended an extraordinary event; a celebration of leaders on a mission to share their passion for authenticity, people, and doing what’s right.
The experience inspired me to produce the presentation below. I have also included a selection of quotes from the conference and a brainstorm of daily actions that lead change.
If you are unable to view the presentation, the transcript follows. To view the presentation with transitions, you can download it here.
German Download. Thanks to Stefan Nadenau (twitter @UncleStefan) for translating the presentation into German.
Looking for another language? Feel free to translate and I will post it here.
- I believe in a cause…
- A cause that unites like-minded people…
- People who care about people
- People who choose right over wrong…
- People who want to tell the world that it’s ok to choose right
- Because choosing right is the right thing to do
- Because right leads to: success, integrity, change, character, impact, peace
- Leaderlooza… is a gathering of people who care to do the right thing
- Who focus on daily actions and conversations…
- Who fight for authenticity & respect for people
- Who transform the places where we live and work…
- It’s time…
- Get Ready to Lead Change!
- Follow the leadchange movement…
- Web: http://www.leadchangegroup.com/
- Twitter: hashtag #Leadchange
A Selection of Lead Change Quotes from Leaderpalooza
By Mike Henry, Vicki Henry, Chris Zaucha, David Wachs, Deb Costello, Don Shapiro, Erin Schreyer, Jane Perdue, Fanny Korman , Jim Holland, Susan Mazza, Mark Oakes, Monica Diaz, and Steve Keating.
- Just talking about being ethical, trusting, respectful is not enough.
- Passion combines us.
- When it’s real, you want to lead.
- Integrity matters, the truth matters.
- We leave prepared to be personally responsible for causing a movement of character-based leadership in our own unique way and have a way to support each other and to continue to evolve.
- We believe that leaders of character inspire and have deep and profound, positive impact in their communities.
- Causing and modeling REAL leadership Builds Ethical Accountable Loving Leaders.
- To follow we need to trust.
- It’s about sincere connections.
- Being able to deliver on a promise… makes you magnetic.
- The leader believes that he can make a vision happen and this makes him magnetic.
- If you want to be a character-based leader, stand up and say it. Do it with purpose.
- Integrity – words and actions must match.
- Professional and personal integrity must overlap.
- Character-based leadership isn’t easy, as a group we can help each other stay accountable to lead change.
Daily Actions that Lead Change
- Remember to say thank you.
- Don’t take others for grated.
- Demonstrate respect for people in all levels of life.
- Listen to what others have to say with my eyes and ears.
- Being the same whether people are looking or not.
- Holding myself accountable for what I do.
- Be consistent, act according to my beliefs in everything I do.
- Find someone doing something right and make it public.
- Serve others. What things are important for them and make it important for you.
- Do something that people don’t expect you to do.
- Be present so that they feel important.
- Invest in people; spend time to get to know them.
- We get too busy and we don’t invest in people.
- In all your actions you impact the results and you impact people as well.
- Evaluate our contribution instead of our return and what we receive.
- Valuing others as a personal practice instead of waiting for them to achieve it.
- Thank and value people for who they are.
- Be out there and encourage people to speak up and step up – it’s about encouragement.
If you would like to read other posts written about the LeaderPalooza experience you can start here Lead Change Group. Links to other participant posts are included.
Sonia Di Maulo is a Feedback Enthusiast, Professional Speaker and Performance Improvement Consultant. Current mission: Helping people to offer and ask for powerful inspiring Feedback. Are you ready?
She would love to hear from you… share your feedback stories and successes!